1. PROCEDURE STATEMENT
Solbase values all feedback from customers as an important tool to ensure that our services and actions are meeting their intended purposes, and to continually improve.
- Customer A person or organisation accessing Solbase’s services or products.
- Customer complaint An expression of dissatisfaction made to or about Solbase’s products, services, staff or the handling of a complaint, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected or legally required (Definition from AS/NZ 10002:2014).
- Customer Feedback An opinion, comment, suggestion, compliment or expression of interest or concern about Solbase, related to its products, services or the actions of its staff.
We acknowledge the right of Solbase customers to express dissatisfaction with our products, services and actions, and to seek redress. The aim of this procedure is that:
- customer complaints are managed fairly, promptly, consistently and confidentially; and
- relevant findings from customer complaints are used to inform the improvement of Solbase procedures and practices.
4. COMPLAINTS HANDLING PROCEDURE
How a Complaint can be made
Complaints may be made by calling, emailing, in person or posting mail. Contact details are listed below:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail or In Person: Level 1, 5 George Street, North Strathfield, NSW 2137
- Phone: 1300 718 066
The information you need to tell us:
- Name and preferred contact details of the customer lodging the complaint
- The reason for the complaint, including the date, time, location and as many other details as possible of any incident
- Conversations you may have had with us that may be relevant to your complaint,
- Copies of any documentation which supports your complaint
- The complainant’s desired outcome
When taking a complaint, we will record your name and contact details. We will also record all details of your complaint including the facts and the cause/s of your complaint, the outcome and any actions taken following the investigation of your complaint. We will also record all dates and times relating to actions taken to resolve the complaint and communications between us.
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three days and outline how the complaint will be managed and the expected timeframe for resolution.
- Where possible, we will attempt to resolve your complaint at the first point of contact. If we are unable to resolve your complaint at the first point of contact, we will undertake an investigation of your complaint and provide an outcome within 21 days of receipt.
- If there is going to be a delay in responding to a complaint due to complexity or the requirement of extensive investigation, you will be informed why and provided regular updates on the progress of the complaint. However, the investigation must be completed and the complaint resolved to the your satisfaction within 45 days of receipt.
With reference to the joint Australian/New Zealand Standard 10002:2014, possible remedies for the resolution of complaints may include:
- Communication with the complainant
- Rectification for detriment to the complainant
- Mitigation to reduce the adverse consequences for the complainant
- Satisfaction of reasonable concerns raised by the complainant
- Compensation for detriment sustained
The Retailer must handle the complaint in accordance with:
- the Timeframe Commitment mentioned in section 4.3;
- the Australian Complaints Handling Standard (ISO 10002:2014)
- the Clean Energy Council Code of Conduct (if bound by it)
5.0 EXTERNAL Dispute Resolution Agencies
If you are not content with the resolution offered by our senior management team there are external agencies who are able to further assist with the complaint or dispute. Below is a non-exhaustive list of all such organisations:
Clean Energy Council
Phone: (03) 9929 4100
New South Wales – Fair Trading
Phone: (02) 9895 0111
Mail: PO Box 972, Parramatta 2124
Australian Capital Territory Office of Regulatory Services
Phone: (02) 6207 0400
Mail: GPO Box 158, Canberra City ACT 2601
South Australia – Consumer and Business Services
Phone: 131 882
Mail: GPO Box 1719 Adelaide SA 5001
WA Consumer Protection – Department Of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
Phone: 1300 304 054
Mail: Level 2, 140 William Street Perth, WA
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
Phone: 1300 302 502
Mail: GPO Box 3131, Canberra ACT 2601
Queensland Office of Fair Trading
Phone: 13 74 68
Mail: GPO Box 3111, BRISBANE QLD 4001
Victoria – Consumer Affairs Victoria
Phone:1300 55 81 81
Mail: GPO Box 123, Melbourne VIC 3001
Tasmania – Consumer, Building and Occupational Services (CBOS)
Phone: 1300 13 55 13
Mail: PO Box 56, Rosny Park TAS 7018
Northern Territory Consumer Affairs
Phone: 1800 019 319
Mail: GPO Box 1722, Darwin NT 0801